[Avodah] Correcting Baalei Kriah

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Jul 15 19:23:15 PDT 2017

R' Joel Rich wrote:

> I always assumed correcting when not from a klaf was more an
> educational thing.

What do you mean by "an educational thing"? Do you mean that mistakes
are not m'akev the mitzvah? Surely if a mistake changes the meaning of
the word, then the reading is invalid, no? Why would it be merely "an
educational thing"?

Akiva Miller

because I assumed that one was not being yotzeih with that reading but one's own
Kt
Joel rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.