[Avodah] Correcting Baalei Kriah

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jul 11 04:56:52 PDT 2017

If the person is reading from a full Bible, I will just listen. If I am
not sure what book he's reading from, I'll read it to myself.
IIRC the Mishna Bruria takes it as a given that the reason most shuls
don't read from the klaf is because of the cost. Given today's incomes
and fancy shuls, that shouldn't be a factor. And yet, it is the rare
beit knesset where they read from a klaf.
Ben

On 7/11/2017 6:51 AM, Moshe Yehuda Gluck via Avodah wrote:
 > I believe – and I may be wrong on this (in which case I’m sure I’ll
be corrected!) – that in most chassidish shuls, everyone reads the
haftorah to themselves. In most litvishe shuls only the baal korei
reads. And Nusach Sefard/non-chasidish shuls go 50/50.