[Avodah] Correcting Baalei Kriah

Moshe Yehuda Gluck via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 10 21:51:08 PDT 2017

R' JR:
We were taught to say the Haftorah ourselves (unless it is being read from a
klaf). What is the practice in other places?

I always assumed correcting when not from a klaf was more an educational
thing.

I believe - and I may be wrong on this (in which case I'm sure I'll be
corrected!) - that in most chassidish shuls, everyone reads the haftorah to
themselves. In most litvishe shuls only the baal korei reads. And Nusach
Sefard/non-chasidish shuls go 50/50.

Does that mesh with everyone else's experience?

KT,
MYG