[Avodah] Critique of the OU paper on leadership/ordination for women

Noam Stadlan via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Sep 26 13:17:36 PDT 2017

JOFA has published my critique of the paper comissioned by the OU on the
topic of leadership/ordination for women. (I am indebted to some of those
here who helped sharpen arguments  :-)  ). I think I have adequately
illustrated that their position is based on wrong/unproven facts, poor
logic, fuzzy definitions, strained arguments, and inconsistent application
of the rules. Perhaps more importantly, it shows the need to have a
comprehensive and systematic approach to gender and public/leadership.

I am happy to respond to questions, critiques and criticisms.

http://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/sneak-peek-an-analysis-of-the-ban-on-women-rabbis/

Noam Stadlan