[Avodah] Redemption

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jun 9 13:51:22 PDT 2017

On 09/06/17 16:33, Micha Berger wrote:
> The lav of lo siqom is only on "chaveiro". The lav of lo sitor is on any
> Jew. Compare Dei'os 7:7, and 7:8.

Not true; how can they be different when they're in the same phrase with
the same object?  The pasuk is "lo sikom velo sitor es bnei amecha".
It's impossible that they should apply to different objects.

 > I believe the Rambam holds that an observant ben Noach, or maybe only
 > those who are Geirei Toshav are chaveirim.

I don't believe so.  The only non-Jewish "chaverim" I can think of are
the sect that ruled in Persia in the Amoraim's times

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all