[Avodah] maharat

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jun 7 13:55:13 PDT 2017

On 07/06/17 14:57, Noam Stadlan via Avodah wrote:
>    The mishnah in Horiyyot says that we save a man's life before a
> woman's.  I doubt that there are many in the MO world who would pasken
> that way

I'm curious; is this really true?  Do MO poskim truly claim that this is
no longer the halacha?!  On what basis could they possibly say this?
What authority could they claim to make such a change? Your argument is
that they do so, therefore one may do so; aren't you begging the
question?  If they truly do so, then shouldn't that rule them out of O?

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all