[Avodah] Maharat

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jun 2 12:55:35 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 09:09:10AM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: But inevitably, someone will ask, "But what is the halacha in this
: other, similar-but-not-identical situation?" May he answer that
: question? Wouldn't that count as shikul hadaas? Wouldn't that require
: require semicha?

Well, sometimes it does, and often the similar situation is also not an
open question that requires decision-making rather than just reporting
the dominant shitah in the sho'el's community.