[Avodah] Maharat

Ilana Elzufon via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jun 1 00:39:53 PDT 2017

Me: ...most of us also live in an "outside world" that is highly
egalitarian...And I don't think it is wrong for those changes in the
experiences of women and couples and families and communities to affect
religious practice, to move us in a somewhat more egalitarian direction
WITHIN what is halachically permitted.

RJR: Would it be correct to say that the general case of this argument is
that as long as it can be argued that something is halachically permitted
(which many seem to define  as not totally halachically forbidden by r’mb’s
black letter law), then we can accept it without asking whether HKB”H
prefers it?

Me: No!!! But does HKB"H really prefer that psak and practice should be
identical for each community and each generation?

- Ilana