[Avodah] candles and fire safety

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed May 10 14:55:13 PDT 2017

As RJR implies, I thought the key component of neiros Shabbos was enjoying their light (in contradistinction to neiros Chanukah); and as I learned as a kid every Pesach that my family was at a hotel (because my parents didn't have Pesach cooking utensils, dishes, etc. in their apartment), everyone lit in a common room (and then stayed a bit to get enjoyment from the light) because lighting in one's room or in the hotel dining room would have represented a fire hazard....

All the best from
Michael Poppers * Elizabeth, NJ, USA
Except if they were incandescent bulbs in the individual hotel rooms. In that case I was taught that the women make a bracha on the bulbs in their room
Kt
Joel rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.