[Avodah] kitniyot

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 20 01:20:04 PDT 2017

<<With regards to visiting children R' AKiva Miler wrote:
"That depends on your posek. By my memory, many poskim, including among
the DL, hold that one can eat from the keilim, but to avoid actual
kitniyos. And many other shitos in both directions."

I was saying that facetiously. WADR you missed the forest for the trees. Of
course there are halachic solutions but it still makes for a very akward
situation for parents and children when parents visit a child and can't eat
all the food. >>

I didn't understand the question. My daughter married a sefardi and they
eat kitniyot. I was by them for seder and everything served was without
kiniyot. BTW I not aware of any shitah that there is a problem with
keilim used for kitniyot.

BTW if the future Sanhedrin gets rid of gezerot that no longer make sense I
vote for eliminating the second day of YT outside Israel. Given modern
communications, the whole world would know the time of kiddush
hachodesh instantaneously. RH might be a problem but there might be
technological answers to that also.

--
Eli Turkel