[Avodah] kitniyot

Marty Bluke via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 13 22:56:50 PDT 2017

R' Akiva Miller wrote:
"On the other hand, if they *do* have the authority to do that, then
how can we know which way they'd pasken? Maybe they'd impose kitniyos
in the Sefardim!"

Given the illogic of the minhag of kitniyos I think not. Why would they
impose a din that makes no sense in today's world.

With regards to visiting children R' AKiva Miler wrote:
"That depends on your posek. By my memory, many poskim, including among
the DL, hold that one can eat from the keilim, but to avoid actual
kitniyos. And many other shitos in both directions."

I was saying that facetiously. WADR you missed the forest for the trees. Of
course there are halachic solutions but it still makes for a very akward
situation for parents and children when parents visit a child and can't eat
all the food.

You are looking at this from a pure halachic perspceticve but in truth,
there is a non-halachic sociologcal perspective here that needs to be
addressed as well.