[Avodah] kitniyot

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Apr 10 06:39:21 PDT 2017

> There is no question that when Moshiach comes the division
> between Sefardim and Ashkenazim basically will go away. The
> Sanhedrin willl pasken the halacha and there will be no
> machlokes.

This is news to me. There is no machlokes here to be paskened.
Everyone agrees that the halacha allows even rice to Ashkenazim. It is
all minhag. Even if the Sanhendrin would want to, I don't know where
they'd get the authority to do away with minhagim.

On the other hand, if they *do* have the authority to do that, then
how can we know which way they'd pasken? Maybe they'd impose kitniyos
in the Sefardim!
---------------------------------------
Aiui there is some debate as to how much practice was/will be standardized-some believe (IIRC R'HS) that the shevet Sanhedrin set local practice and few issues went to great sanhedrin for standardization.
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.