[Avodah] Pshat in a word in Parashat Tzav

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Apr 7 08:46:52 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 06:27:30PM -0400, Henry Topas via Avodah wrote:
: Vayikra 6:21 has the phrase v'im b'lich nechoshet bushala which RSRH
: translates as "if it be cooked in a copper vessel".
:
: Question: I would normally expect the word "bushala" to end with a mapik
: heh under my understanding and also be milera.

That would make it a posessed noun, "if its cooking was in a copper
vessel".

RSRH is treating is as a verb. In more contemporary American English,
"if it had been cooked in a copper vessel".

:-)BBii!