[Avodah] kitnoyot

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 5 14:25:41 PDT 2017

On 4/5/2017 12:51 PM, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> Does Rav Aviner think that they didn't use matza meal for cake? Anyone
> who refrained from making such cake are the ones who refrained from
> gebroks, right?

Did they use the chunky, roughly ground matza meal that is good for
matza balls and that's about it or the finely ground stuff that you can
get today which is no different than cake flour?

[Email #2. -micha]

On 4/4/2017 8:33 PM, Simon Montagu via Avodah wrote:
> We change minhagim all the time, for good and/or bad reasons and
> halacha hasn't fallen apart yet. Why is this minhag different from all
> other minhagim that people are so set against any change?

If this one is different it is because people have set out to take down
this minhag.  Whereas something like changing from an Ashkenazi white
with black stripes tallit to a more Sefardi all white one wouldn't be
such a big deal because no one is making an issue out of it.

In my community there is a back lash against the kitni-chumrot so I see
it changing, somewhat.

Ben