[Avodah] Shoah

Cantor Wolberg via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jun 14 13:25:43 PDT 2017

R’ Micha wrote in regard to the Shelach posting:

Similarly, if someone wants to argue that the Torah wants us to be
optimistic, don't we have to address what the Torah would tell a Jew
living in Lodz in 1939?

Along the same lines there was a fascinating book written many years
ago by a legitimate, authentic, respected orthodox rabbi who wrote that
someone who was not a victim in the holocaust has no right to say there
is no God. Here is what was really an astonishing and somewhat shocking
statement he made: if someone was actually in the Concentration Camp, this
person has the right to deny God.

I can see many raised eyebrows, but I would greatly appreciate someone
remembering this book. Since it was rather revolutionary to be coming from a
musmach who is respected by other orthodox rabbis.