[Avodah] Acharei Mot

Cantor Wolberg via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Apr 29 19:17:34 PDT 2017

Acharei Mot is the only Torah portion with the word “death” in its title.
The two words together are captivating: ACHAREI mot.
In other words, we should be focusing on “Acharei,” AFTER death.
As depressing, difficult and mysterious as death is, we must not dwell
on it. We must go on with our lives “Acharei" AFTER.

Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Rossiter Worthington Raymond  (April 27, 1840 in Cincinnati, Ohio – December 31, 1918 in Brooklyn, New York)

He was an American mining engineer, legal scholar and author. At his memorial,
the President of Lehigh University described him as "one of the most remarkable cases
of versatility that our country has ever seen—sailor, soldier, engineer, lawyer, orator, editor, poet,
novelist, story-teller, biblical critic, theologian, teacher, chess-player—he was superior in each capacity.
What he did, he always did well."