[Avodah] Isru Chag

Cantor Wolberg via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 18 19:56:39 PDT 2017

The gematria for Isru Chag is 278, the same gematria for l'machar found in Bamidbar, Ch.11, vs.18.
This is in the Sidra, Beha’a'lotcha, where God has Moshe establish a Sanhedrin because Moshe complained that he could not carry on alone.

God says to Moshe: "To the people you shall say, 'Prepare yourselves for tomorrow and you shall eat meat..."

There is an interesting tie here.  The day after a festival is the "morrow" and even though the holiday is over, we must always be preparing ourselves.
(Also, in counting the omer, we are preparing ourselves for the climax of our faith in 50 days).

A good Isru chag to all.
ri

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Anonymous