[Avodah] Tahor App

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 12 14:33:04 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 03:42:59PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: On 12/05/17 11:36, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
: >It is easy to make a large mistake in color identification even while
: >convinced the color is obvious. All it takes is seeing the picture in
: >different lighting than it was taken.
:
: But isn't that explicitly taken care of by the instruction to the
: user to take the photo only in direct sunlight, and by the
: instruction to the rav to look at it only on a specific monitor at a
: specific brightness? ...

My wife and I saw The Dress for the first time together, and reported
different results. in that picture it is obvious it was taken on a sunny
day. And we both saw it in the same lighting.

So, I don't think it sufficiently takes care of the problem.

Maybe if the distributed a color sheet that must be included in the
picture in proximity to the kesem, and the rabbinic side of the
software corrects the colors displayed based on knowing what the
sheet should look like.

If the woman prints the color chart herself, you widen the uncertainty.

:-)BBii!