[Avodah] color issues

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Mar 29 08:31:09 PDT 2017

<<http://5tjt.com/seeing-red-2/?utm_content=buffera376b&utm_
medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

is there room to say that MO doesn't hold by these chumradige psakim? or
just that the people just don't ask >>

I would venture that most MO would feel that the issue is not relevant in a
modern society.
As discussed is the article one of the major objections to a woman wearing
red is in calling attention to herself. Today with O women being lecturers,
politicians, judges etc it is difficult to claim that the color of their
clothing brings attention to them.

When Nechama Lebovitz gave public shiurim some charedi poskim allowed it
only if she was behind a mechitza. I assume a MO posek would have no
trouble just listening to her shiur.  I have been in mixed audiences for
shiurim by R. Soloveichik and Rav A. Lichtenstein which would never happen
with a charedi rav.

--
Eli Turkel