[Avodah] A Variation on the Four Sons

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Mar 28 13:35:55 PDT 2017

On 28/03/17 09:23, Cantor Wolberg via Avodah wrote:
> Zev Sero wrote:
> Actually they are not the questions of any of the first three sons. They
> are the questions that the father prompts the fourth son to ask.
>
> If you carefully read my posting, you will see that I never wrote they
> are the questions of the first three sons.

You certainly did.  You asked *which* of the first three is asking them,
which means you took it for granted that it is one of those three.

> I wrote they are the questions of the SIMPLE son.

Who is one of those three sons.

> What is your source that they are the questions "that the father prompts
> the fourth son to ask?"

The plain meaning of the words.  "They poured him a second cup, and here
the son asks his father; and if the son has no wit, then his father
teaches him: How is this night different from all other nights?"

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all