[Avodah] kavua/Rov

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 20 07:47:29 PDT 2017

Also, an AhS Yomi connection...

If a woman had premarital relations and we need to determine if she can
marry a kohein, we follow rov if the man approached her, because that is
kol deparish. However, if she went to the guy, it's qavua. And so, we
need to know if the trist happened in town or in a location people travel
to, what the majority of the men in that town are (SA EhE 6:18, AhS s' 37),
etc...

Micha Berger             A cheerful disposition is an inestimable treasure.
micha at aishdas.org        It preserves health, promotes convalescence,
http://www.aishdas.org   and helps us cope with adversity.
Fax: (270) 514-1507         - R' SR Hirsch, "From the Wisdom of Mishlei"