[Avodah] eilu v'eilu

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 13 13:39:48 PDT 2017

From: Micha Berger via Avodah  <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>

>> When Moshe ascended to receive the Torah, it was demonstrated
to him that every matter was subject to forty-nine lenient and
forty-nine stringent approaches. When he queried about this,
God responded that the scholars of each generation were given
the authority to decide among these perspectives in order to
establish the normative halakha. <<

--
Micha  Berger
micha at aishdas.org

When I read this it reminded me of something.  Here, quoting  wiki:

"....a  quantum system such as an atom or
photon can exist as a combination of multiple  states corresponding to
different possible outcomes. The prevailing theory said  that a quantum system
remained in this superposition until it interacted with,  or was observed by,
the  external world, at which time the superposition collapses into one or
another of the  possible definite states."
Many valid  possibilities, some mutually exclusive, co-exist
simultaneously, until  a posek decides on one.  Schrodinger's  Halacha?

--Toby Katz
t613k at aol.com
..