[Avodah] Possibly the first film of the Kotel, 1911

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jan 9 05:23:44 PST 2017

On 08/01/17 13:04, Prof. Levine via Areivim wrote:
> Truth be told there was no mechitza at the Kosel until after 1967 as far
> as I know.  However,  there apparently were no minyanim there then, at
> least this is what I was told.  People davened privately.

Certainly not true.  There were minyanim, and there was a constant fight
to erect a mechitzah, but unfortunately the government forcibly
prevented it.  B'leis breirah people davened without one.  As soon as it
was possible to put one up, it was done.  Ein donin efshar mishe'i efshar.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all