[Avodah] The challenge of Torah U' Madda for our time

Harry Maryles via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jan 8 10:20:29 PST 2017

Not only that, but Rebbetzin Dr. Schwartz's essay is an appeal toengage
in the modern scholarship of the Torah as a legitimate application
ofTuM. While I understand where she is coming from, I reject that
ModernSchoarship has anything at all to do with the 'T' Of TuM. Only the
'M' - an expandeddefinition of Mada does not negate the essence of what
TuM is. Which has manyinterpetations as outlined by Dr. Lamm in his book
of the same name. And asadditionally interpreted by RAS in his book Logic
of the Heart, Logic of theMind. That Dr. Schwartz feels compelled to do
so based on her academic trainingdoes not mean anyone else should feel
that way. I certainly don't.

HM