[Avodah] KaVuA and Kol DePoRish

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 20 12:31:45 PDT 2017

It is easier - at least for me - to discuss actual cases and situations
rather than general guidelines. So, safeiq de'leisa leqaman, let's say
refers to the assertion that most beasts are not Tereifa. Is this situation
not accurately described as a TaAruvos, a mixture in which the minor part
is lost and becomes insignificant?

Clearly, where we have liquids that are combined there can be no Parish
since we assume it is an even dispersion and every drop contains some of
both parts of the mixture. I dont understand why this is relevant to my
analysis of KaVuA and Kol DePoRish.

In a non-liquid mixture, dwelling on the risk of whether one is eating a
Kosher or a non-Kosher component, is a distraction from the principles of
Rov and KaVuA; it is what leads to the great confusion and unanswerable
question - but the statistics of the meat being K or not K are identical be
it that the meat is found in the street or we forgot which shop we entered
to make our purchase.

The woman who falls pregnant to a man unknown to her, who came to her home
- is assumed to have come from the Rov. However, if she went out then it is
the equivalent of the shopper who wanders into a shop, buys meat and knows
not which shop they have have wondered into.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi

0423 207 837
+61 423 207 837