[Avodah] Opening the Door of a Refrigerator on Shabbos

Saul Guberman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Dec 6 06:19:48 PST 2016

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 5:58 AM, Professor L. Levine wrote:
> I have posted the latest issue of the OU's Daf HaKashrus at
> https://web.stevens.edu/golem/llevine/kashrus/Daf25-2c.pdf

> According to an article in this publication "the OU poskim have recommended
> using a timer when opening the refrigerator door on Shabbos, to avoid any
> concerns of chilul Shabbos."

You did not put in the caveat of "modern technological refrigerators"
should be used with a timer. Unless you like Brisker chumras, in which
case all of them should be used with timers. Most people don't need
a timer on their fridge because they do not have this type of fridge.
In another 10 years this percentage will change.