[Avodah] minhag shtus

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 20 01:26:42 PST 2016

I have brought up in the past the chassidic custom with regard to eating in
the succah on shemini atzeret (outside EY) where some declare it a minhag
shtus while large groups of religious people follow the custom.

I am now preparing a shiur on another such. The question is whether a cohen
can go to the grave of a tzaddik, i.e. does the grave of a tzaddik have
tumah. Over the ages there have been many cases of cohanim visitng the
grave of tzaddikim while others condemn the minhag. Without exhausting the
subject the Avnei Nezer has a chiddush that that if the Tzaddik dies
naturally the grave is me-tameh while if he was called then the grave is
not me-tameh. R Usher Weiss says that its a nice drasha but not halacha.

--
Eli Turkel