[Avodah] Brewing coffee on Shabbos

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 15 17:23:32 PST 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 07:42:04PM -0500, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: Are you saying that this is muttar simply because you don't push it all the
: way down? That because the leaves are still mixed into some of the tea, it
: is okay that you have isolated clear tea above the filter?
:
: If that were so, then I would be allowed to remove the peas from the north
: side of my peas-and-carrots, because they are still mixed on the south
: side...

What about removing a teabag with a spoon, so that one is making sure
to remove tea with the bag?

Removing peas is doing boreir on only part of the okhel.

Removing the teabag with team is pesoles-ve'okhel mitokh okhel.

Which is this?