[Avodah] Minhag Shtus

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 15 14:14:47 PST 2016

On 15/11/16 16:37, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:

> I distinctly remember when R. Avigdor Miller learned the gemara that
> says that one does not make a bracha on the succah on Shemini Atzeres,
> but one should eat in the succah on ST. A fellow who was at the shiur
> raised his hand and said,  "What about the minhag to not eat in the
> succah on ST?"  R Miller responded categorically,  "There is no such
> minhag!" The fellow was taken aback and again asked the same question,
> and the response was the same.

There clearly *is* such a minhag.  That he was unaware of it doesn't
change that fact.  aiui those who follow it hold, and have a tradition,
that the halacha is not like that psak (of the rabanan sevora'i).

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more