[Avodah] Minhag Shtus

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 15 13:37:20 PST 2016

At 04:21 PM 11/15/2016, R Eli Turkel wrote:

>I am not sure what a minhag shtus is - many are controversial
>
>2) not eating in the succa on shemini atzeret (outside EY) is this wrong or
>an accepted minhag - depends who you ask
I distinctly remember when R. Avigdor Miller learned the gemara that
says that one does not make a bracha on the succah on Shemini
Atzeres,  but one should eat in the succah on ST. A fellow who was at
the shiur raised his hand and said,  "What about the minhag to not
eat in the succah on ST?"  R Miller responded categorically,  "There
is no such minhag!" The fellow was taken aback and again asked the
same question, and the response was the same.

YL