[Avodah] Rav Melamed on Metal Pots

Lisa Liel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Oct 6 07:26:45 PDT 2016

On 10/6/2016 12:07 AM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> In any case, beli'ah could never be guaranteed to be zero. Knowing for sure
> not even one cell remains from the meat that was last in the pot??? So yeah,
> we really are talking about getting the beli'ah down to ignorable levels,
> even in lekhat-chilah cases.

We don't care about a cell.  We don't care about anything that cannot be
perceived with unaided human senses.  I've had pots come out of the
dishwasher that still have an odor of what was cooked in them.  That's
perceptable.  I've never experienced that with glass (real glass) or
stainless steel.  For that matter, I've never experienced it with
flexible silicon, either.  But I have with other metals, with Pyrex,
with china, and with tupperware type plastics.

Lisa