[Avodah] Whatever Happened to the Aschalta Degeula

M Cohen via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Dec 8 05:45:16 PST 2016

For those who have read the book "The Moon's Lost Light" (by Devorah Fastag
aka Devorah Heshelis) and have interest in her other works, or have interest
in the issue of "Whatever Happened to the Aschalta Degeula"

Mrs Fastag has written a fascinating book on the Aschalta Degeula, see
outline review below.

It is available online as a free download.

Here is a dropbox link, or email me offline and I will email you a copy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77517350/Whatever%20Happened%20to%20the%
20Aschalta%20Degeula.pdf

The First Flowering of our Redemption?

..Just before Chanukah, I met Devorah Fastag who wrote a brilliant, original
sefer that influenced my thinking about the status of women in Judaism very
deeply. I met her in December at a Torah lecture that she gave and, because
I was so impacted by her book The Moon's Lost Light, I took the opportunity
to ask her if she had written anything else.

She told me about a lengthy essay she had written about the establishment of
the State of Israel and its relationship to messianic times. It was
difficult reading, she warned me, not a sugar-coated, romantic picture. What
she wrote was ill-suited for a feel-good Yom HaAtzmaut program. I was warned
that it would be emotionally hard to read and might create cognitive
dissonance for me as a religious Zionist.

After I read the essay as a whole (it's 76 pages - the length of a small
book), I knew that this Torah needed to be read by other people as well.

Here's the official promo:

Why does the State of Israel resemble the "beginning of the redemption"
physically, yet not spiritually? This booklet delves into the hidden reasons
behind the events of ikvesa demeshicha--the pre-messianic period--to unravel
the mystery of the State of Israel.

The essay doesn't cost money, but it does require an investment of time and
thought. It's a powerful essay that just might change the way you understand
what was going on spiritually at the time of the establishment of the State
of Israel.

Mordechai cohen
mcohen at touchlogic.com

=======