[Avodah] how to pasken

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 13 07:55:36 PST 2016

> 5. And the last question: Why Ashkenazim should always go according to
> Ramo and Sepharadim according to Machaber? From where it comes? Because
> if we speak about question that there is a difference for people in
> Germany or Poland and Israel, because of some minhag or climate then
> it is understandable. But when there is only machloket in understanding
> some Mitzwa Deoraita or Derabanan with no shaichus to differeces in the
> lands-so why the people should go according to his Posek-Ramo or Mechaber?

One of the cornerstones of halachic practice and Jewish law is
"mesorah" the tradition passed on from one generation to the next.
Naturally Ashkenazim throughout the generations followed the psak of
the Rama which is based on the traditions of the lands they came from.
The same is true for Sefardim.  >>

This is true for Orach Chaim and much of Yoreh Deah  and much of
Even Haezer. It does not seem to be true for Choshen Mishpat and parts of
YD and EH

--
Eli Turkel