[Avodah] 2 days RH

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Oct 7 03:12:42 PDT 2016

We keep today 2 days RH even in EY basically for historical reasons of
doubt in the past. In fact the Baal Hamaor claims that there were periods
of time in the early middle ages where only day of RH was kept in EY since
we now have a permanent calendar

Rav Dessler asks that if so the 2nd day of RH is not the "real" RH. If so
how we can say in our prayers that today we are being judged,  today is the
day the world conceived (hayom haras olam), today the books of life are
opened etc.

I was not clear about his answer. Assuming the two days are for different
types of "din" what happened before the institution of a 2 day RH and
during the period the Baal Hamaor describes.
Are people from EY and chutz la-aretz judged on different days.
Basically the question boils down to the question of how a takanah of the
rabbis can effect heavenly judgement

--
Eli Turkel