[Avodah] shofar

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Oct 6 03:33:17 PDT 2016

An old discussion among rishonim is whether the mitzva of shofar is on the
blowing or the listening (or both)

In our shul the teruah sounds to me (and many others) like 6 short blasts
which is only bi-dieved.
I spoke with the baal toheah and he said that because he has had previous
complaints he actually blows about 12 short blasts. In fact he recorded
himself before RH  and looked at the image and he could see 12 waves.

Question: according to the shitah that the mitzva is listening to the
shofar does it make a difference that 12 blasts are blown while the average
person hears only 6 because they are so short and in rapid succession?
(again bi-deved one is certainly OK)
--
Eli Turkel