[Avodah] Do you ever recite Birkas Hamazon on crackers?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Sep 20 21:33:04 PDT 2016

On 20/09/16 15:51, via Avodah wrote:
> I have never recited Birkas Hamazon on crackers but today for the first time I recited Birkas Hamazon on my cellphone.  Here is my question:  When I close a bentsher  or a siddur I kiss it.  When I finish bentshing off my phone should I kiss the phone before closing that screen?

I don't think so.  A bencher or siddur is kulo kodesh.  But if you were
reading benching from pages 250-253 of a 1000-page encyclopaedia volume
that happened to include it, I don't think you'd kiss the book.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other