[Avodah] Mezonos Rolls?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 16 03:50:53 PDT 2016

Somewhat related is R Asher Weiss's pesaq on wraps, which just
reached the English side of Tvunah (a web site of his Torah)
<http://en.tvunah.org/2016/09/16/bracha-on-wraps>:

Conclusion:
> Wraps are eaten in place of bread and Pita to make a sandwich type
> food. This is commonly eaten as a meal with kvius seuda, hence the wraps
> retain the status of bread and their bracha is hamotzi.

My LOR holds that food made from belilah raqa are mezonos, regardless
of qevi'as se'udah. Unlike cake or crackers.

Similarly, he holds that cooked dough would never be a hamotzi, even if
one is qovei'ah se'udah.

I am wondering if RAW would say that one should make a hamotzi for a
spaghetti and meatball dinner too.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where
micha at aishdas.org        you are,  or what you are doing,  that makes you
http://www.aishdas.org   happy or unhappy. It's what you think about.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Dale Carnegie