[Avodah] Rav Melamed on metal pots

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 16 02:06:22 PDT 2016

<Could you please check those links? I got a "This page under construction"
error for both of them. >>
The whole yeshiva.org site seems to be nonexistent (thats what this page
under construction means)

see however the discussion of R. Lior's opinion (and so quotes) at

http://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/26285/blias-in-todays-pots-and-pans

<<> R Lior and R. Rabinovich are willing to accept that modern pots
> do not absorb or expel (more than minimally).  However, they both
> distinguish between lechachila and bi-deved.  Basically both
> allow use the same pots for milchig and fleishig lechachila
> because it would create many confusions.

There was a typo here, right? "Allow" should have been "forbid"? They might
allow it b'dieved, but the explanation shows that they would *not* allow it
l'chatchila. >>

Thanks for the correction - yes they both FORBID using the same pots for
milchig and fleishig lechatchila because of the many confusions it can cause

--
Eli Turkel