[Avodah] aveilut for an abuser

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Aug 30 07:13:11 PDT 2016

On 29/08/16 22:36, Moshe Yehuda Gluck via Avodah wrote:
> (A similar situation, though less weird to me, would be in regards
> to an agunah, where a spouse would presumably sit shivah for the
> spouse even though they haven't been in contact for years.)

In most cases an agunah would be receiving a shmua rechoka, so she would
only sit for a short time.  But yes, if she gets a shmua krova she'd have
to sit a whole shiva, and wonder at the irony.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other