[Avodah] Pesukim LeShemos Anoshim

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Aug 18 05:42:37 PDT 2016

On 18/08/16 08:31, Isaac Balbin wrote:
> Well I typed Selig into a German pronunciation site and it gave the
> two versions I listed for the g in audio form

You seem to be correct.   See the section on the "-ig" ending on this page:
http://joycep.myweb.port.ac.uk/pronounce/consong.html

So one would expect to see in Beis Shmuel and Kav Noki spellings with a
chof or a shin at the end.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other