[Avodah] incorrect learning of Torah

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jul 21 16:18:42 PDT 2016

R' Eli Turkel wrote:

> Instead Tosafot seems to be saying that at least
> for children the important thing is information.

Perhaps the key words here are "for children".

Not being Bnei Mitzvah, perhaps they indeed get no s'char for their
learning, and their learning is purely a practical means of acquiring
knowledge and skills that they'll need later. "Learning to learn" is no
diferent than learning to daven, learning to do chesed, etc etc. This seems
to fit very well with what I remember about the mitzvah of chinuch in
general.

If the teacher is not a good one, then it is indeed a very big waste of
time. This also answers my question about "anu m'kablim s'char" at a siyum.

Thank you

Akiva Miller