[Avodah] Tevilas Keilim from OU kosher halacha yomis

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jul 19 03:32:34 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 06:02:59AM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: Here's my question: Why would recent rain disqualify a mikveh? Given that a
: mikveh is a collection of rainwater, I would imagine that rain is a *good*
: thing for a mikveh.

A lake isn't a miqvah, it's a be'eir mayim chayim. Or would be, if you
weren't using rainwater.

A miqvah cannot have flowing water.

Therefore, if a lake has an outlet and identifiable rain water, it would
neither be a miqvah nor a be'eir.

(Just guessing.)

Micha Berger             I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
micha at aishdas.org        but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
http://www.aishdas.org   tasks as if they were great and noble.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Helen Keller