[Avodah] Tevilas Keilim from OU kosher halacha yomis

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jul 19 03:02:59 PDT 2016

R' Yitzchok Levine quoted from the "OU Kosher Halacha Yomis":

> Rav Belsky, zt"l ruled that one may immerse the utensils in a lake,
provided that it has not rained in the last few days.

I was hoping that if I went to the source, there would be additional
information and/or sources. But there's not. You can find this yourself by
going to https://oukosher.org/halacha-yomis/ and entering "lake" or
"rained" in the Search box there.

Here's my question: Why would recent rain disqualify a mikveh? Given that a
mikveh is a collection of rainwater, I would imagine that rain is a *good*
thing for a mikveh.

(My apologies if this is a very basic halacha. Mikveh is one of the many
areas that I know very little about.)

advTHANKSance!

Akiva Miller