[Avodah] How to teach emuna

Efraim Yawitz via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Aug 9 03:02:21 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Micha Berger wrote:

    >>Yoshiahu's and Ezra's revivals are two of the most famous
counter-examples of the Kuzari
    >>Principle -- and they're from our own history!

I'm not sure I'm ready to accept that these are "counter-examples".  Do we
have evidence that the "non-frum" in the days of Yoshiahu or Ezra denied
that their great-great-grandparents or whatever
did believe in the facts of Yetzias Mitzrayim and Matan Torah?  Who says
they were any different from todays "non-frum" who admit that their
ancestors were believers, even if they (the descendants)
consider them to have been naive for being such?  Non-observance as such
does not necessarily imply a denial that their own ancestors were believing
and observant, and therefore "baalei masora" themselves.