[Avodah] tefillat haderech

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 26 19:32:24 PDT 2016

On 06/26/2016 03:34 PM, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
> A question arose in a shiur I attend about tefillat haderch for
> someone on a cruise for several days. Does one say the tefilla every
> day (with a bracha?) or only once at the start. Does it make a
> difference if one goes off the ship into the port for a visit and
> then continues on the cruise.
>
> We saw a Radvaz and Pri Chadash but they are talking about long trips
> on land with staying somewhere along the way. Wasn't quite sure of
> the connection to a cruise where one is one the same boat for many
> days

How much more so.  If one says it (without shem umalchus) every morning
of the journey, even at a hotel where one might be staying for a day or
two to rest, how much more so must one say it (again without shem umalchus)
every morning if one is actually travelling at that very moment.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other