[Avodah] derabbanan

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 19 05:07:40 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 01:33:39PM +0300, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
:> With a mitzvah derabbanan, the authority to make and obligation to
:> obey the lav is de'oraisa but oso av once made is not. After all, HQBH
:> said lo sasur, not lo sevasheil owf bechalav
:
: The question is why safeq derabannan is different than safe deoraisa and
: other differences between
: biblical and rabbinic laws. Id rabbinic laws are lo tasur then chicken and
: milk should have the laws of a deoraisa.

At this point our topic is broader than that. We are back one step at
whether lo sasur is a derashah or an asmachta. Yes, if every derabbanan
is "lo sasur", then we need to ask about safeiq derabbanan lequlah. But
if not, what is the source of their authority-- REWasserman Hy"d basically
says "lamah li qera, sevara hi?" Which then raised the question of whether
following chakhamim actually is living according to the design of the
world, as REW holds, or

:> What I was saying in my earlier post is that I think the MC rules out
:> any first-order taamei hamitzvos for dinim derabbanan, and they are all
:> to protect / help implement de'oraisos which have real te'amim.

: what about chanuka, purim, hallel, netilyat yadaim etc whcih are not to
: protect deoraisa laws.

Chanukah, Purim, and Hallel do "help implement de'oraisos". We are
obligated to acknowledge and celebrate nissim and yeshu'os; chazal
"merely" coined standard ways to do so.

Netilas yadayim *is* there to protect deOraisos. Or at least was, back
before we gave up an taharah. The whole notion that by default hands
are tamei was a gezeirah, not a taqanah.

In neither case do we need to assert that there was some metaphysical
danger to avoid or metaphysical benefit we would have missed that the
Torah hadn't already forced us to take into account.

Micha Berger             It's never too late
micha at aishdas.org        to become the person
http://www.aishdas.org   you might have been.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                      - George Eliot