[Avodah] Boaz's nisayon with Ruth

Simi Peters via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Jun 18 12:47:45 PDT 2016

Nope.  Rut 1:22:  They come into Bet Lehem at the beginning of the barley
harvest (mid-Nisan, let's say) and has to start gleaning right away or they
won't have anything to eat.  Rut 2:23:  Rut is in Boaz's field until the end
of the wheat harvest (say mid-Sivan.  Remember, Shavuot is the beginning of
the wheat harvest.)  So a conservative estimate is that they know each other
at least a month, if not 6-8 weeks by the time she goes to the goren (which
has to be at the end of the wheat harvest.)

Kol tuv,
Simi Peters