[Avodah] Boaz's nisayon with Ruth

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jun 17 07:13:24 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:00:43AM +0300, Simi Peters via Avodah wrote:
: Haven't any of you read the second perek of megillat Rut? We're not
: talking about a coup de foudre here. We're talking about the gradual
: development of warm feelings between a much older man and a mature woman
: (40 years old, according to Hazal).

How gradual? Se'orah harvest is in Nisan (thus "Aviv") and Iyyar, chitah
is in late Iyyar through early Tammuz. So the whole story has to fit
in at most a month, when the two overlap. Add that they were harvesting
long enough that Rus showing up at this point is odd. I think it's more
plausible to picture Rus 2 through 4:12 all occuring in about a week.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             In the days of our sages, man didn't sin unless
micha at aishdas.org        he was overcome with a spirit of foolishness.
http://www.aishdas.org   Today, we don't do a mitzvah unless we receive
Fax: (270) 514-1507      a spirit of purity.      - Rav Yisrael Salanter