[Avodah] ohr lagoyim

Arie Folger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jun 9 02:23:14 PDT 2016

R' Zev Zero wrote:

> But all of this is beside the point, because a kohen's job does not
> involve any kind of outreach.  Except for the two days a year that his
> beis av is on duty in the BHMK he has no duties at all.

I am afraid that a certain heilige yid by the name of Yechezkel, the son of
Buzi, disagreed with you.

Ve-et 'ami yoru bein qodesh le'hol uvein tame letahor yodi'um.
"And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and
profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean"

Given he was himself a kohen, he might have had first hand experiences with
the job, too.

Kol tuv,
--
Arie Folger,
Recent blog posts on http://rabbifolger.net/

* Koscheres Geld (Podcast)
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/15/koscheres-geld-podcast/>

* Kennt die Existenz nur den Chaos? G”ttliches Vorsehen im Jüdischen
Gedankengut (Podcast)
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/14/kennt-die-existenz-nur-den-chaos-gttliches-vorsehen-im-judischen-gedankengut-podcast/>

* Halacha zum Wochenabschnitt: Baruch Hu uWaruch Schemo
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/11/halacha-zum-wochenabschnitt-baruch-hu-uwaruch-schemo/>

* Is there Order to the World? Providence in Jewish Thought
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/09/is-there-order-to-the-world-providence-in-jewish-thought/>

* What is Modern Orthodoxy (from a radio segment)
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/08/what-is-modern-orthodoxy-from-a-radio-segment/>