[Avodah] ohr lagoyim

saul newman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jun 6 09:22:53 PDT 2016

>>>As R' Sholom and Rn Toby noted, it's not that we haven't brought light
to the world during galus. I would say that it's that the process is
so slow we do not notice it when looking in the timespan of a single
lifespan. We're watching the hour-hand and complaining it doesn't move.

------  the only problem i have with their approach is that , had the
Jewish people been eliminated from the earth [ch'v]  after jesus' time,  it
implies their job was basically done---since a billion xtians then took
over , and a billion moslems after that . the direct interaction of jews w
goyim in either xtian europe or moslem europe/asia/africa could be argued
to have minimal direct impact .
  where jews have major impact in modern times , in science , entertainment
, ,media etc are ways that clearly were not only not what Scripture had in
mind, but in many cases directly contravening Tradition....